On today's episode we have a glass of Woodinville port finish! We continue our Finishing series with another port finish, this one out of Washington state and finished with ruby port.We talk about the experiences we remember around bottles, how climate affects the finishing process, and distilling maple syrup! All that and more on today's episode of Whiskey Chasers!
Our Website is www.whiskeychaserspod.com, check us out! Thanks, and enjoy the show!
Be sure to show some love for the company that brought you today's bottle!
Our patreon is https://www.patreon.com/Whiskeychaserspod
You can also sign up through buzzsprout!
Support the show
- Apparently the year to start a distillery was in 2010! A large majority of craft and some big named distilleries got their start in that year, woodinville was one of them.
- Two buddies decided they wanted to create the greatest whiskey, but had not a clue in the world how to do so.
- With the help and services of a consulting company called Oak View Spirits, they were able to learn and build a brand
- Dave Pickerell (was the master distiller at makers mark)
- The Sons of Liberty in RI; The George Washington Mount Vernon Distillery, Belmont Distillery, Copper Fox, and Ragged Mountain distillery in VA; High Wire in SC, Asheville Distillery, and Troy and Sons in NC; Saint Augustine in FL; Louisiana Spirits Bayou Rum in LA; Short Mountain, Ole Smoky, Popcorn Sutton, Corsair, Nelson’s Green Brier, and Tenn South in TN; Rocktown in AR; Old Pogue in KY; Watershed in OH; Two James in MI; Chicago Distillery, FEW, Whiskey Acers, and Blaum Brothers in IL; Driftless Glen in WI; Panthers Distillery, and Far North Distillery in MN and Woodinville in WA are just a few that he worked with before his passing in 2018
- All of their grain that they use is from a local farmer’s family farm
- 3 generational family farms
- This bottle was released in 2020 and was only supposed to be limited to the state of Washington.
- It is said to be a 5 year old high rye bourbon finished in used Ruby port wine barrels for another 6 months.
- 90 proof
- Corn 72%
- Rye 22%
- Malted Barley 6%
- Chris complaint to angels envy is its to friendly
- This one has barrel spice
- Rye like
- Merlot wine like
- Cody thoughts
- Very friendly
- But you still know your drinking a bourbon
- Finishes dry
- Red wine like
- Red wine drinkers will love it
Thanks For Listening! Tell a Friend!