On today's subscriber only episode we have Catcher’s Rye Vermouth Finish. Finalizing our series on finishes, we have a bottle from Two James Distillery in Michigan. We talk about vermouth, Catcher in the Rye, Which by the way, I have not read, and the motor city. All that and more on today's episode of Whiskey Chasers!
Our Website is www.whiskeychaserspod.com, check us out! Thanks, and enjoy the show!
Be sure to show some love for the company that brought you today's bottle!
Our patreon is https://www.patreon.com/Whiskeychaserspod
You can also sign up through buzzsprout!
- We just talked about how much influence Dave Pickerell had on distilleries and ironically, two james is a distillery that he had a hand in helping.
- Founded in 2013, they are the first distillery to start up in Detroit since Prohibition (and they might be the best thing out of detroit since then)
- This specific bottle is their rye
- 100% michigan rye
- Water from the great lakes
- Even more it is finished in vermouth barrels, which is not a part of their normal offering
- Store pick from Michigan
- They distill a lot of unique and young bottles
- one that might be the most unique is their Johnny smoking gun whiskey
- East meets west is how they describe it
- This is a whiskey crafted specifically to compliment the “umami” of the rich pork and fish broths of Japanese cuisine. Possessing intriguing smoke character from a two-stage maceration with a proprietary blend of Asian tea, this blend of 70% 7-year corn and 30% young rye will surely not disappoint. Enjoy and prosper!
- Their bourbon is a very high rye bourbon at 36% rye
- They do a white dog for their rye whiskey
Steve notesSupport the show
Thanks For Listening! Tell a Friend!