On today's episode we have a glass of Craigellachie 13! A speyside that makes up a large part of the dewars blend that holds its own by itself.this is our first Speyside and makes a mellow drink, but a bit more body than a normal speyside. All that and more on today's episode of Whiskey Chasers!
Be sure to Like us on Facebook and follow us on instagram, as well as rate and review the show wherever you are listening, it really helps us out.
Our Website is www.whiskeychaserspod.com, check us out! Thanks, and enjoy the show!
Be sure to show some love for the company that brought you today's bottle!
Craigellachie 13 year
- Water is sourced from the river spey
- Milder and fruity
- 50% of scotch is made in this small region
- Now owned by bacardi and operated by dewar and sons
- The name is a town and means “rocky hill” it's named after a cliff overlooking the river spey
- It opened in 1891 by a group of blenders and merchants, led by Alexander Edward
- It passed through a lot of hands
- Peter Mackie in 1916
- His uncle and he worked at Lagavulin (islay) and later founded white horse distilling which is today used in lagavulan
- Distillkery company limited in 1927,
- SMD in 1930
- Had a reconstruction in 1964 when they doubled there stills
- 1998 bought by dewar and sons
- Few bottles are released from the distillery, it is mostly a place to get product to blend.
- It is a large part of the dewars blend
- In 2014 they released this bottle, the 13 year as well as a 17, 19, and 23 year, as partr of the dewars “last great malts of scotland”